(bringing the character to life with color)
Tascha has also worked in the commercial art industry teaming up with large companies such as DEMDACO in developing artistic giftware. Tascha also has a line of greeting cards that are distributed in gift shops throughout the USA and Canada.
Bringing your cute characters to life with color!
My very first e-course called "Cute Characters, a drawing class" was very well received. Students were amazed at how they could learn how to draw cute characters so easily! Now I am offering a follow up to that fun class. It is Cute Characters 2.0. In the other class you were taught how to create the characters in pencil sketches. Now we are learning all the different techniques to bringing those characters to life with color. This is explained using acrylic paint, collage and colored pencil crayons. It is all about technique. I would advise that you take the drawing class Cute Characters Drawing Class before this one so that you know how to draw the characters and have them ready before you start. If you haven't taken the drawing class first, but already have drawings that you want to learn how to add color too, then that is perfectly fine. This class is all about learning the techniques of adding color.
VIDEOS 1 & 2: This is a TWO part video were I teach step by step how to create an acrylic painting using our cute character. I explain each color I'm using, why I'm using it and how I'm using it. You watch me paint in real time from start to finish.
VIDEOs 2, 3 & 4: In these 3 videos I go through step by step how to create a paper cut out collage of your drawn character. I show you how to choose the best papers, trace the artwork and figure out the best placement to make an interesting collage character.
VIDEOS 5 & 6: In Videos 5 & 6 I teach the techniques of using colored pencil crayon on our characters to achieve a 3 dimensional look with different tones and highlights. Explaining it all in real time talking you through each step.
Learning with Tascha
Learning with Tascha is an online art school. I offer a wide range of classes that everyone can enjoy. You will be able to watch the classes at your own pace and come back as many times as you like to re-watch the lessons until the semester is over. I have set up a Facebook group for students to get together and share their work.
What you need:
* A computer or ipad
* High speed internet
* The ability to play videos on your computer (if you can play youtube videos you should be fine)
* 5 x 7 inch stretched canvas (pre-gessoed)
* pencil for sketching
* Paint brushes (I use Windsor Newton synthetic Mongoose Monarch Brush square in size 2) and a very small pointed paint brush in a size 5/0
* paint palette or an old ceramic plate (to use to mix acrylic paints)
* Acrylic paints in these colors (if you want to follow my exact painting) - Burnt Umber *Unbleached Titanium *Yellow Ochre *magenta *Titanium White *Naphthol Red Light *Olive Green Light *Sap Green *Turquoise *Black *orange azo * Cobalt blue *light pink - I use the brand "Amsterdam" mostly. Any brand of acrylic paint will do.
* craft scissors (any kind of long fine pointed scissors for detailed cutting)
* Xacto knife
* Tracing Paper
* Patterned scrapbooking papers in a variety of colors
* Glue runner or glue stick
* Paper intended for pencil crayons in light beige ( I used Canson brand in Pastel assorted colors paper)
* Pencil crayon pencil BLENDER by Primsacolor
* Prismacolor Premier 48 color box
* an open mind and ready to learn!
SIGN UP DETAILS:
CLASS COST - The class is
SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS:
To purchase the "Cute Characters 2.0 in COLOR" class, pay via the paypal button at the bottom of this page. When I receive your paypal payment, I will send you an email to confirm I received your payment and a link to the school "Learning with Tascha" and the password to get into the class. Please note, It may take up to 14 hours for your invitation to show up in the email (I have to send it manually and it will depend on when I am able to send it, rest assured you will get it within 14 hours). Be sure to check your spam folder as well. Once you do enter the class the fee is non-refundable. See you there! I will email you to let you know your password has been sent. If you have any questions feel free to reply to the email that I sent you and I will assist you.
Access until March, 2018